How Do I
Get a Mortgage
Mortgages can be overwhelming. We'll help you prepare for it.
What information do I need to be able to apply for a mortgage?
When you apply for a mortgage loan there are several items that you need to provide your lender. These items are necessary in helping lenders determine an approve amount for your mortgage loan. You will need:
- Employment history for 2 years
- Last 2 years of W2 forms
- Two most recent pay stubs
- Bank statements from the last 2 months including 401k, other retirement accounts, and/or investment statements (stocks, mutual funds, etc.), if applicable
- Copy of Purchase & Sale Agreement or Contract to Purchase, if applicable
- If self-employed or own other real estate, signed last 2 years of Federal Tax Returns (Corporate Returns, if applicable)
- Other documents may be required, if necessary
Applying for a mortgage with Metro is easy. Just complete our online application.