There's more than one way to save.
We have options to get you where you want to be, whether you're just starting out, a seasoned saver, or working towards a specific goal.
- The key to unlocking your membership benefits with Metro
- Only $5.00 required as your member share amount
My Reward Savings
- Pays a higher rate of interest on balances up to $3,000.00
- Account must be linked to My Reward Checking
- Save Your Change - A convenient way to help you save by “rounding up” debit card purchases with the change deposited into your Metro savings account. Call 877.MY.METRO or visit a branch to enroll!
High Yield Savings
- The more you save, the more you earn
- Premium rates on balances of $10,000.00 or more
- Put money away for Christmas or a vacation...or both
- With automated deposits, you'll never miss the money you save
- Funds are distributed on October 1 for the Christmas Club and May 1 for the Vacation Club
- Build your investment foundation
- Start with as little as $10.00
- When your balance reaches $500.00, it automatically converts to a 12 month CD
- For every $500.00 you save, another 12 month CD is opened
To open an account, please visit any of our branch locations or call 877.MY.METRO.
Prosperity Builder Savings Account**
A simple way to save for your future.
- No minimum balance
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Pledge the balance you save toward the Prosperity Builder Loan
To open an account, please visit any of our branch locations.
Certificate of Deposit
- Lock in a guaranteed rate over a fixed period of time
- Low minimum investment of $500.00
- Terms from 3 months to 5 years
- Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly for terms 1 year or greater
- Terms less than 1 year earn simple interest
- Make weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly contributions
- Spread your IRA contribution over the entire year, helping you to save regularly
- Choose from Traditional or Roth IRA
- Lock in a lump sum contribution at a higher rate of interest
- Terms from one to five years
- Open with as little as $500.00
- Choose from Traditional or Roth
- Create a balanced, long-term savings plan that will help provide safety and security.
- Contributions may be deducted from your taxable income, reducing the income taxes you pay now.
- An easy and safe way to plan for the future.
- Withdraw contributions any time, tax-free and penalty-free.
- No mandatory distribution.
- Contributions are not tax-deductible, but the earnings are tax-free as long as your funds have been in the account for at least five years and you are either over age 59½, disabled, or buying your first home.
Questions? We have answers.
*Minimum $5 to open a Secondary Savings. Rates are subject to change after account opening. To be eligible you must establish an automatic transfer from a Metro account to the Secondary Savings. Once the balance in the Secondary Savings reaches the minimum opening deposit as stated in the Truth in Savings Disclosure for a 12 month Certificate of Deposit (CD), Metro will transfer the balance from the Secondary Savings Account to the CD within 2 business days. After the first CD is opened, automatic transfers will a into the Secondary Savings Account and subsequent 12 month CDs will be opened when the Secondary Savings reaches the minimum opening deposit as stated in the Truth in Savings Disclosure.
**Earn 0.50% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances up to $5,000.00 and 0.10% APY on balances greater than $5,000.00 as of June 1, 2019. $5,000.01 earns 0.50% APY and a $10,000.00 balance earns 0.30% APY as examples. One Prosperity Savings Account per person. Rates may change after account opening. Funds earn dividends from the business day of deposit and are compounded and paid monthly.