Special and Alternative Mortgages
These custom mortgage options are available for income-eligible MA residents and active military families.
Take the next steps in owning a home in MA. Helping low- to moderate-income MA residents become homeowners. Featuring low and no down payment options.
- Fixed-rate loans
- Flexible underwriting
- Affordable interest rate
- Available for condos and 1-4 family homes
- Purchase or refinance available
- Choose with or without mortgage insurance
- Mortgage loan and income limits apply
At Home Mortgage
- Available for low- to moderate-income borrowers and for those looking to purchase or refinance with or without rehabilitation funds
- This program is for purchasing or refinancing a home in specific Massachusetts gateway cities**
- Financing available on 1-4 family properties
- Low down payments available on 1 and 2 unit properties through gifts or grants
- Low down payments also available on 3 and 4 unit properties
The At Home Mortgage Program is available in the following communities:
- Chelsea, Everett, and Revere in collaboration with the Chelsea Restoration Corporation
- Lawrence in collaboration with the City of Lawrence Community Development Corporation
- All insured loans include MI Plus protection at no additional cost to the borrower
- The neighborhood and community development partner oversees the rehab project
*You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer if you are purchasing a home in Boston, Chelsea, Cambridge, Everett, Fall River, Lawrence, Lynn, North Adams, and Somerville.
**If you are looking to finance a home in need of rehabilitation, this program could also help cover the cost of the project.
*** MI Plus pays the borrower's principal and interest (up to $2,000/month for six months) if he or she becomes unemployed.
Programs, rates, terms and conditions subject to change without notice. All loans are subject to credit approval. Credit Union membership is required; members must maintain a membership account with a minimum of $5.00.