Metro Credit Union Promotes Traci Michel to Chief Operating Officer - Announces Six Additional Officer Promotions
April 28, 2021
CHELSEA, MA, April 28, 2021 – Metro Credit Union, Massachusetts’ largest state-chartered credit union, announced that Traci Michel has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer. In this role, Michel is responsible for Metro’s daily oversight with a heightened focus on process improvement and efficiency across the organization.
Michel joined Metro as a Branch Supervisor at the Chelsea Main Office in 2009. Throughout her career she has had increasing responsibilities in many Metro departments, most recently as Senior Vice President, Operations, where she was the Project Manager on Metro’s 2020 core system conversion.
“With more than a decade of experience in a senior leadership role at Metro, Traci is in a unique position to manage the daily operations of our growing business,” said Robert Cashman, CEO and President. “Her commitment to the organization and our members is evident in everything she does, and we are fortunate to have her in this role.”
Cashman also announced an additional six Metro promotions covering different areas of the organization. Earning Vice President and Assistant Vice President officer titles, the newly promoted staff members are:
- Marlene Collins -- Vice President, Retail Regional Administrator, joined Metro in 2011 as Branch Manager, Mass Ave branch office and is currently responsible for seven Metro branch offices.
- John Ford -- Vice President, Dealer Relationship Manager, joined Metro in 2013, helping to manage the growing indirect consumer lending program. Ford is now also responsible for Metro’s new leasing program.
- Shauna Glazebrook -- Vice President, Mortgage Operations Manager, joined Metro in 2019 assisting in the daily operations of the Mortgage department, and now oversees a team comprised of 20 employees.
- Lindsay Falewicz -- Assistant Vice President, Accounting Manager, joined Metro in 2016 to support the Accounting & Finance team with various project management efforts. Since then, she’s created enhanced efficiencies amongst several processes including accounts payables and budget. Most recently she led the selection and implementation of a third-party tool within the A/P program.
- Jessica Palm -- Assistant Vice President, Facilities Manager, joined Metro in 2019 to manage the maintenance and infrastructure needs of Metro’s offices, buildings and branches. Over the last year, Palm played a vital role in ensuring branches were properly equipped with resources to maintain the health and safety of members and employees.
- Michael Pepi -- Assistant Vice President, Network and Information Security Manager, joined Metro in 2012 as a Network Support Manager, overseeing network and information security resources. Pepi was a major contributor in the 2020 core conversion project.
“Metro’s employees are very critical to our continued growth,” said Cashman. “Our employees, whether they have a direct or indirect connection with our members, focus on ensuring a positive experience every time. These individuals are examples of that dedication and their impact is illustrated by Metro’s success.”
For more information about Metro Credit Union, please visit metrocu.org, or connect with us on LinkedIn.
About Metro Credit Union
Metro Credit Union is the largest state-chartered credit union in Massachusetts, with $2.4 billion in assets. Metro provides a full range of financial products to close to 200,000 members in Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Plymouth, Barnstable, Bristol and Worcester counties in Massachusetts, and Rockingham and Hillsborough counties in New Hampshire, as well as to employees of over 1,200 companies through its Metro@work program.
Founded in 1926, Metro currently operates 14 branch offices in Boston, Burlington, Chelsea, Framingham, Lawrence, Lynn, Melrose, Newton, Peabody, Salem, Tewksbury, and coming soon to West Roxbury and Reading. Metro is also a Juntos Avanzamos (“Together We Advance”) designated credit union, an honor given to financial institutions for their commitment to serving and empowering Hispanic and immigrant consumers. Metro was recently named among the most charitable companies in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal. Learn more at MetroCU.org and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Metro Credit Union is closely monitoring the COVID-19 emergency and working with members who are impacted. For more information about access to our branches and how to manage your accounts remotely during this time, please visit MetroCU.org/access.