How Do I
Become a Member
It's easy to join the Metro family, and we're excited for you to join us!
All you need is $5.00!
Becoming a member is easy! Just open a Metro Membership Savings Account with an initial deposit of $5.00. You can open an account online or by visiting any of our branch locations.Become a Member today!
Who's eligible to become a Member? (Field of Membership)
You’re eligible for membership at Metro Credit Union if you live, work, go to school, or have a place of business in:
- Barnstable, Bristol, Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin, and Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Rockingham, Hillsborough, and Cheshire County, New Hampshire
Does your employer participate in Metro@work?
Call us at 877.MY.METRO to find out if your employer is one of the 1,800 workplaces in Massachusetts that offers the benefit of Metro@work.
Do you have your ID?
Please remember to bring two forms of identification with at least one being primary. Metro accepts the following:
Primary ID examples:
- Current driver’s license with photo
- Massachusetts ID with photo and signature (Must be valid for at least 30 days)
- Valid passport
- Current resident alien card
- U.S. government or military ID with photo
For other acceptable forms of ID, please call us at 877.MY.METRO.
Secondary ID examples:
- A major credit or debit card
- Student ID with photo (only if under 18)
- Government benefits ID with photo
- Payroll ID card with photo