Metro Credit Union Expands Mortgage Lending Department
November 14, 2018
Robert M. Cashman, President and CEO of Metro Credit Union announces the expansion of the Credit Union’s mortgage lending department, adding additional scale and industry recognized team members under the management of Dawn Dawson, Vice President Mortgage Originations and Operations. “Metro has a long-standing commitment to residential borrowers within our service territory. As mortgage demand grows we are committed to delivering unparalleled service, competitive rates and a product line that not only addresses but also anticipates the impact of a changing economy,” stated Cashman.
To facilitate and support the growing mortgage team, Metro has opened a new Loan Production Office in Danvers, Massachusetts that will be managed by Kevin Gannon of Beverly, MA, who joins Metro as Mortgage Originations Manager for the North Shore. Gannon is an experienced banking professional with 26 years in the mortgage industry at institutions including Supreme Lending, Wells Fargo, and CTX Mortgage.
Metro is also expanding its mortgage focus in the City of Boston with the addition of Scott Gannon of Wellesley, MA, who joins Metro as Mortgage Originations Manager for the Boston region. Gannon, who will be located at Metro’s Boston Loan Production Office, brings over 31 years of experience in mortgage sales and operations on numerous platforms.
In addition, Metro welcomes four new Mortgage Originators, responsible for working with realtors and other referral sources to assist consumers in obtaining home mortgages.
- Michael Churchville of Townsend, MA has extensive product knowledge in purchase and refinance mortgages. He joins Metro as a Mortgage Loan Originator II.
- Nicole Ferrara of Winthrop, MA began her mortgage career at CrossCountry Mortgage in 2016. She is a member of the Seaside Women’s Network and is involved in local community service. She will be operating out of Metro’s new Loan Production Office in Danvers, MA. She joins Metro as a Mortgage Loan Originator II.
- Michele Garber of Billerica, MA is a 30 year veteran of the financial industry and a member of the Northeast Association of Realtors. She is an active volunteer at the Lexington Food Bank, the Skate 22 Foundation, and the Bedford VA Hospital. She joins Metro as a Mortgage Loan Originator II.
- Jonathan Roy of Beverly, MA began his career as a loan originator with HomeBridge Financial Services. In addition to his mortgage experience, he is also a licensed attorney and is a member of the North Shore Law Association and Massachusetts Bar. He joins Metro as a Mortgage Loan Originator II.
Metro has also expanded personnel within its retail branch network, adding Mortgage Specialists who will work to assist members with home mortgage needs within our branch system. Joining the existing team of Mortgage Specialists is
- Gerta Mujaj of Winthrop, MA as a Mortgage Specialist. Mujaj has nearly 10 years of industry experience from institutions including Bank of America and Wells Fargo.
Metro is a leader in residential mortgage lending, offering a wide variety of mortgage products that meet the varied needs of borrowers, including purchase mortgages, refinances, reverse mortgages and convertible mortgages. One focus is on first-time homebuyers, with ongoing Informational Seminars and multiple programs including HomeReadyTM, HomePossible® and Operation Welcome. Metro is also a participant in many government programs including FHA programs, the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP), the MassHousing Mortgage and At Home Mortgage Program. And with a flexible Portfolio Program, Metro is able to respond to the unique needs of individuals throughout our market area.
“Metro prides itself on its ability to provide customized loan solutions that meet the needs of today’s homebuyers. With the experience and passion of our expanding team, we’ll be able to help even more individuals and families achieve homeownership,” said Cashman.
- - - - -
About Metro Credit Union
Metro Credit Union is the largest state-chartered credit union in Massachusetts, approaching $1.8 billion in assets. Metro provides a full range of financial products to more than 200,000 members in Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Plymouth, Barnstable, Bristol and Worcester counties in Massachusetts, and Rockingham and Hillsborough counties in New Hampshire, as well as to employees of over 1,200 companies through its Metro@work program.
Founded in 1926, Metro currently operates 15 branch offices in Boston, Burlington, Chelsea, Framingham, Lawrence, Lynn, Melrose, Newton, Peabody, Salem, and Tewksbury. Metro is also a Juntos Avanzamos (“Together We Advance”) designated credit union, an honor given to financial institutions for their commitment to serving and empowering Hispanic and immigrant consumers.
Learn more at MetroCU.org.